On the evening of Friday 13th June 2014, folk from Almondbury
Methodist Church and the local community met at The Woolpack
for an evening of fun and fundraising. Tickets were purchased
in advance for a light supper and an opportunity to attend the
'Auction of Promises'. People from within the Church and local
businesses in the village offered promises to the highest bidders.
The lots on offer included many different types of promises:
- Homemade cakes to Order, greeting cards, flowers, half a day’s
DIY, a child's jumper knitted for you, snooker lesson offered
by qualified coach, babysitting, computer tuition, cleaning, dinner
And there was more.....
- Tea and cake with an exclusive running of the Almondbury Light
Railway (16mm) for up to 4 people.
- Round of golf at Woodsome Golf Club (buyer must have a golf
- Two nights bed and breakfast in a village outside Cambridge
with direct rail link to London – tour of Cambridge include.
For up to 4 people.
- Up to a week in a Spanish house in the white village of Yunquera
– buyer to arrange all transport (low cost flights available
to Malaga) and pay 60 euros for end of week cleaning. House
can hold up to 5 people.
Thank you to everyone who offered promises, thank you to John
for being the auctioneer, thank you to the local businesses for
their contributions and support:
- Karen Commons Beauty Therapy
- Francos Restaurant - www.francoshuddersfield.co.uk
- John Fawcett Butchers,
- Tamanna’s Indian Restaurant in Birchencliffe,
- Top to Toe Therapy www.top2toetherapy.co.uk
Many thanks to everyone involved! If the level of noise was
anything to go by, a great time was had by all and £1,350 was
raised for the roof fund. Well done to Ambrys Thursday group
who won the quiz. We do hope you enjoy recouping your promises!